The Mind of the Leader
The traditional top-down style of leadership no longer works. Successful leaders of the 21st century will put people at the center and focus their capabilities on both economic progress and the creation of a prosperous and sustainable society.
The proposal of this book represents a radical change in the conception of what is needed to be an effective leader, offering a practical and forceful solution to the commitment and participation challenges that organizations require.
- Companies need to develop managers and executives who lead with three fundamental mental qualities: attentiveness, altruism and compassion, and ‘The Mind of the Leader’ will help you achieve this.
- His research and results are based on more than 15 years of research and interviews with tens of thousands of executives from large international companies.
- Using inspiring real-world examples from Marriott, Accenture, McKinsey & Company, LinkedIn, and many more, ‘The Mind of the Leader’ shows how this new type of leadership turns conventional leadership thinking upside down.
Author: Rasmus Hougaard and Jacqueline Carter
Rasmus Hougaard is founder and CEO of Potential Project, a world leader in leadership and organizational effectiveness solutions based on training the mind. Rasmos has been practicing and teaching mindfulness for more than two decades.
Jacqueline Carter is International Partner and North America Director for the Potential Project. He has more than twenty years of experience working with organizations around the world to improve effectiveness and performance.
- « The Mind of the Leader has been able to capture the essential values of 21st century leadership: being conscientious, generous and compassionate. By applying these qualities we manage to involve our people and add more value to our clients». DOMINIC BARTON. Global Managing Partner, McKinsey & Company.
- "A practical guide for today's companies that want to develop their leadership skills and want to engage both the minds and hearts of their workers." KATHLEEN HOGAN. Personnel director. Microsoft.
- "How leaders communicate, interact and display themselves to their teams has never been more important. Creating a world-class team and environment where people can do their best work is key." a leader's job, and more than ever leaders are being asked to elevate team performance through innovative leadership. The Mind of the Leader shares important ideas and perspectives and lays out a path to make it happen." FRANCINE KATSOUDAS. Senior Vice President and General Manager of People at Cisco.
Title: The Mind of the Leader
Subtitle:How to lead yourself, your people and your organization for extraordinary results..
Author: Rasmus Hougaard y Jacqueline Carter
Original title: The Mind of the Leader
Number of pages: 320
ISBN Paper: 978-84-949493-7-1
ISBN e-book: 978-84-291-9522-4