The Leadership Challenge
The most trusted source of leadership wisdom, updated to address today’s realities With more than 2,500,000 copies sold, this sixth edition has been revised to address today’s challenges, including more international examples and a stronger focus on business issues.
The Leadership Challenge is the gold-standard manual for effective leadership, grounded in research and written by the premier authorities in the field. With deep insight into the complex interpersonal dynamics of the workplace, this book positions leadership both as a skill to be learned, and as a relationship that must be nurtured to reach its full potential. A good leader gets things done; a great leader aspires, inspires, and achieves more.
- This book highlights the differences between good and great.
- And shows you how to bridge the chasm between getting things done and making things happen.
- You’ll gain insight into into leadership’s critical role in organizational health.
- The Leadership Challenge helps you stay current, relevant, and effective in the modern workplace. And provides a guide to achieve better labor relations oriented to teamwork.
Author: Rasmus Hougaard and Jacqueline Carter
James M. Kouzes is Professor of Leadership at the Santa Clara University Leavey School of Business. In addition, he conducts leadership conferences around the world with businesses, governments, and associations. After graduating from Michigan State University (BA) with a major in political science, he served as a Peace Corps volunteer (1967-1969). His career in leadership training and development began in 1969 when he organized seminars for community action agency staff and anti-poverty volunteers.
Barry Zane Posner is Accolti Professor of Leadership at Santa Clara University Leavey School of Business.
- "The Challenge of Leadership remains one of the top five books I have ever read. Thirty years after it was first published, I still recommend it to anyone who wants to be a better leader." JOHN C. MAXWELL, leadership expert and bestselling author of The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership
- "This book is a classic, one of the few books on leadership that is truly worth reading. The challenge of leadership is now more important than ever: a practical, evidence-based resource on how to mobilize people around a common goal". ADAM GRANT, New York Times bestselling author of Originals and Give and Take
- "The Leadership Challenge has become the standard reference for leadership and is a must-read at any stage of your career. 'The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership' provides a comprehensive roadmap to help us understand what it takes to inspire those we are privileged to lead, and also teaches us to lead with empathy, conviction and authenticity." MIKE SELFRIDGE, Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Banking Officer, First Republic Bank"
Title: The Leadership Challenge
Subtitle:How to make extraordinary things happen in organizations.
Author: James M. Kouzes y Barry Z. Posner
Original title: The Leadership Challenge 6th/Ed
Format: 15'5x23 cm
Number of pages: 416
ISBN Paper: 978-84-966066-3-2
ISBN e-book: 978-84-291-9451-7