It’s the manager
Who will lead your workforce during rapid change? Gallup research reveals: It’s the manager.
While the world’s workplace has been going through historic change, the practice of management has been stuck in time for decades. The new workforce wants their work to have deep mission and purpose. They don’t want old-style command-and-control bosses. They want coaches who inspire them, communicate with them frequently and develop their strengths. ‘It’s the Manager’ shows leaders and managers how to adapt their organizations to rapid change — from new workplace demands to the challenges of managing remote employees, the rise of artificial intelligence, gig workers, and attracting and keeping today’s best employees.
• Based on the largest study of the future of work
• Offers the resources to maximize the potential of every team member and drive organization’s growth
Author: Tom Rath and Gallup Institute
Under Jim Clifton's leadership as Chairman and CEO, Gallup has grown from a predominantly American company to a global organization with 30 offices in 20 countries and regions. Jim is the co-author of the #1 Wall Street Journal and Washington Post bestseller, "It's the Manager". He is also the author of the bestseller "The Coming Jobs War" and co-author of "Born to Build."
Jim Harter is Gallup's chief science officer. He is the co-author of the #1 Wall Street Journal and Washington Post bestseller, "The Leader," published in 2019. His work has appeared in the Harvard Business Review, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, and Time magazine, in addition to many academic publications.
Gallup is a global analytics and advisory company that helps leaders and organizations solve their most pressing problems. It provides news based on survey data from around the world as well as daily monitoring and public opinion research.
- Named one of the best books every CEO should read by Forbes magazine. - FORBES
- Under the heading of the future of work, "The Leader" addresses issues such as diversity and inclusion, the gender gap, flexible hours, freelancers and artificial intelligence. And it provides a broad empirical basis for many of the management theories that have recently gained traction. -READING THE MARKETS
- Based on Gallup's largest global study on the future of work, comes this book in which Gallup concludes that the quality of managers and team leaders is the most important factor in the long-term success of an organization. - CONSULTING MAGAZINE
Topic: Leadership, Organizational Development
Title: It's the Manager. Learn your strengths.
Author: Jim Clifton / Jim Harter / Gallup Institute
Original title: It's the manager
Number of pages: 448
ISBN Paper: 978-84-17963-08-8
ISBN e-book: 978-84-29195-67-5 978-84-29195-67-5