|Dimensions||14 × 21 cm|
Good to Great
Widely regarded as one of the most important business books ever written, Good to Great offers us a whole set of guidelines and paradigms that any company that wants to differentiate itself from the rest must adopt.
After reviewing mountains of data, conducting thousands of interviews, and using rigorous benchmarking tools, Collins and his research team identified the key determinants of excellence in a set of elite companies that have made the leap to extraordinary results and sustainable for at least fifteen years. But how extraordinary? After driving the change, companies that went from good to great generated 15-year cumulative stock returns that were on average seven times higher than the broader market and twice as good as the composite index of the world’s largest companies such as Coca-Cola, Intel, General Electric and Merck.
Author: Jim Collins
Jim Collins is a renowned scholar of what makes companies stand out and advises leaders in the business and social sectors. After investing more than a quarter of a century in research, he has written —alone or in collaboration with other authors— six books, of which a total of more than ten million copies have been sold. Among them Good to Great, Built to Last, How the Mighty Fall and Great by Choice.
- “This deeply researched book debunks many of today's management hype—from the cult of the superhuman CEO to the cult of information technology to the love of mergers and acquisitions. These practices do not allow mediocrity to become competition, but should allow competition to become excellence." PETER F DRUCKER
- "A book that no CEO should fail to buy.." USA TODAY
- "Collins and his research team address some of the most important questions companies should be addressing." FORTUNE
- "With both books, Good to Great and Built to LastMr. Collins offers two seductive messages: that extraordinary management can be achieved by mere mortals, and that its practitioners can develop excellent institutions. It's just what we mortals wanted to hear." WALL STREET JOURNAL
- "The difference is how hard Mr. Collins works to reach his most elementary conclusions. They are based on years of painstaking empirical research, and all of them are the most powerful in producing the most surprising results." FINANCIAL TIMES
- «The business idea of the year» FAST COMPANY
- "Collins has rewritten a book that seems to have been designed to last." BUSINESS WEEK
Topic: Organizational Development
Title: Good to Great
Subtitle:Why some companies make the leap...and others don't.
Author: Jim Collins
Original Title: Good to Great
Number of pages: 406
ISBN Paper: 978-84-17963-17-0
ISBN e-book: 978-84-291-9584-2
There are no reviews yet.